Sunday, September 7, 2008

Very fudgy brownies


I found this recipe awhile back on Recipe Zaar. In my personal opinion, these are the best brownies ever -- made from scratch, dense, fudgy, and very chocolatey.

I started making them not realizing I was almost out of granulated sugar. So I used about 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and 1 cup brown sugar. It was good.

Very fudgy brownies
from RecipeZaar.com

3/4 cup butter
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, broken into small pieces
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups sugar
1 1/3 cup flour (I used cake flour)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray (I used a 9-inch cake pan because it was all I had, and it worked well). Over low heat, melt butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar. Stir in flour, and mix well. Pour into baking dish, and bake for 20 minutes until a fork inserted into the center comes out clean. The brownies will rise (up out of the pan in some cases) but will settle as they cool.

No comments: