Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor day!

Like I said earlier, David and I had a very lazy Labor Day weekend, but we did manage to get our butts in gear to make a pretty nice Labor Day dinner.


David has made hamburgers in the past, but these came out the best ever. The burgers were tender and juicy, and he adorned them simply with mayo and mustard, plus some mizuna greens from our CSA box. In the past, the bun had been his burgers' downfall, so we took care with the bun this time, using some toasted ciabatta rolls from Whole Foods.

We accompanied the burgers with greek salad and my beloved oil-and-vingear potato salad.

I'm going to go eat the leftovers now!

1 comment:

DB Harps said...

Let's see if I can remember what I did:

In a mixing bowl, I beat 1 egg and then added the 1 lb of ground round. To that I added half a red onion that had been finely minced, a big splash of worchestershire sauce, two pinches of chili powder, two pinches of coriander, and a healthy amount of freshly ground pepper and salt. Then I mixed it up with my filthy hands and made four burgers out of it. I refrigerated the burgers for at least an hour before we ever grilled them. And that's what I did to those burgers.